Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dining Out

I love eating out - I just don't get to do it very often on my own account.

My favorite places to eat? A toss-up between Roberto's and the Pelican Inn.

Roberto's is a nice neighborhood Italian place my parents eat at weekly. So, everyone knows them, the bartender brings Mom's martini in a special glass, and there's a lot of teasing and flirting going on. The food's very good, too. Start off with sourdough bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then a Caesar salad - best one I've tasted, and I've tried plenty. For the main course, I usually choose the rosemary steak. Sometimes a fish dish, and occasionally pasta - but usually the steak. It's got a wonderful rosemary and red wine sauce - mmm. Once in a great while Mom & I split a dessert, but usually I finish with vanilla ice cream.

The Pelican Inn is definitely for special occasions. It's out on the coast, and it's for all the world like a 16th-century English country inn (which is, of course, what St. Alban's guild runs at the Faire!) We go out there when Kage gets a fat royalty check and Kathleen wants to treat the core members of the guild. I favor prime rib here, and hard cider. They specialize in British fare, of course - Beef Wellington, shepherd's pie, bangers & mash. We haven't, yet, attended in costume - but there are plenty of other reenacting groups in the Bay Area who have, and do, on a regular basis.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Both sound wonderful. If I ever get out that way I will definitely try them out.

11:08 AM PDT  
Blogger ArtcTrish said...

Oh yum, all the foods you mention sound divine!!! Lucky you!

1:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh, say, WOW! What a great review - I'm thinking this sounds marvelous. And it's obvious you have some special memories of these places.

2:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

Oh yummy!! Both places sound wonderful!

3:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

okay, so now i want some rosemary steak!

3:47 PM PDT  
Blogger heather said...

These steaks are sounding SO good! I must be low on iron right now!

6:22 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

I love Italian food! It is my favorite! Pasta is my downfall.

6:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh Yum!!
It's hard to go past Italian and French cooking.

6:50 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home