Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Good Advice

Hmm - advice. I either don't remember it, or no one offers it much!{g}

When I went off to college, Dad gave me several bits of advice. About the only one I remember - or listened to! - was, "Memorize your numbers." Now, that definitely doesn't qualify as earth-shattering - but after 20 years I can still remember my student ID number. And my SSN. And my current library card number! Made it easy to keep track of various passwords and IDs for various bosses over the years, too.

Another good bit of advice from the parents was, "Move back to Northern California." Very glad I followed that. It got me out of a nothing job and back into school (Round 2 - Sonoma State.) AND back to the end of the state where my family is. Being able to spend the evening with Mom (Dad goes to bed much earlier than she & I do.) Being able to drop in on Kai & Chad for an evening of gaming. Being able to go spend the weekend with Kelly & her crew. All priceless, and only possible because I'm not a 10-12 hour drive away.

I try to follow Grandma Chatham's advice. She'd tell me not to worry, that some day I'd meet the right man, and that I'd know it when I did. I take comfort in the fact that Cousin Marilyn was older than I am now when she finally got married.

4 Comments:

Blogger Glynis said...

I love the advice about remembering your numbers. Wish my brain still worked well enough to give THAT one a try :)

6:21 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

I still remember my phone number growing up and that was over 40 years ago! I'm a numbers person too!

7:53 PM PDT  
Blogger heather said...

How nice you are so close to your family - good move! :)

8:34 PM PDT  
Blogger Karen said...

It's great that you can remember numbers. My brain just rejects them. Just as well I'm not an accountant any more!

5:32 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home