Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Provisional Proposal

I've gotten a few propositions over the years, but only one that came close to a proposal. A college friend once told me that if he had to get married, I'd be one of three women he'd consider asking. I was as much flattered as amused - Aaron's mind just worked that way.

I read a lot of romance novels, so I've read a lot of proposal scenes. Then again, friends and family have set a high standard as well. Two of my brothers-in-law made courting gifts: Mike wrote Kelly short stories, the other Mike made Kai a dagger (to wear with her Renn Faire costume.) Giova gave Shannon a box of letters, she could read all of them but one. We were working the Dickens Fair the weekend he let her read the last one which was his proposal, so Kathleen had the pleasure of presenting her newly-betrothed "daughter" to "Queen Victoria"!

My ideal proposal would be along these lines - something theatrical, extravagant. In the company of friends and family, so we could share the joy immediately.

4 Comments:

Blogger loonyhiker said...

Hmm. Thanks for sharing the stories of the others. The letters sound interesting. Glad you are back! We've missed you!

5:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Glad you are back! I like the part that you could share the joy immediately with close friends and family(if it happened!)

12:25 AM PDT  
Blogger faery-wings said...

Those are great ideas for proposals. I hope your Knight In Shining Armor does something similar someday.

5:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Karen said...

And until you find the guy who understands that, don't settle for second best.

5:35 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home