Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Starting to Scrap

My sister Kelly got into scrapping before I did - then again, she's the one with the kids! I started scrapping digitally first, though, and she's just starting that.

I began to think about scrapping when we cleared out both sets of grandparents' houses within about 6 months and I ended up with the photo albums and stuff. Funny - except for the memory album my sisters and I created for Grandma Skold's memorial service, I really haven't done anything with all of this. Mom and I have gotten lots of it scanned, but scrapped? I can't get a handle on it yet.

Most of my scrapping, like most of my crafting period, has been given away. We made the memory albums for Dad and Aunt Roz. Kelly and I and a friend have scrapped albums for Renaissance Faire and Dickens Fair - and given them to our guildmistress. Designing by committee is a very interesting way of doing an album! But we did each have our specialties - and we took turns pushing each other to handwrite the titles and journaling (unless I could convince them to let me do it on Kelly's computer!)

I have several half-done albums lying about - both paper and digital. That issue with finishing things, again...

7 Comments:

Blogger loonyhiker said...

I have a bunch of unfinished cross stitch projects in the back of my closet. I put them way back there so I wouldn't feel so guilty every time I saw them. That's what I like about digiscrapping because I can put it in a folder and just not look at it!

5:13 PM PDT  
Blogger Judyy said...

See? That's where the name of my blog comes from--Works in Progress--we're all works in progress, working on our works in progress. LOL!

5:16 PM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

Great post! I can totally understand the unfinished albums and 'stuff'---I've got a lot of both floating around my craft room!

7:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Gabby Faye said...

Oh, heritage scrapping is an addiction in itself! Once you start on those old photos you won't stop. Geneology goes right along with it. Quite addicting.

9:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Unfinished..yip can relate to that. I normally keep going until I finish something cos I like the satisfaction, but I definately have some stuff floating around too...

9:51 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristen said...

Judyy - I recognized the meaning of the blog-title right away! Writers have WIPs, crafters have WIPs - of course scrappers have WIPs.

11:25 PM PDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Designing by committee...rather you than me.

5:27 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home