Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Before I Turn 50, I Will...

  1. Go back to England again. Ideally, with friends and family who are as fascinated by the history as I am.
  2. Finish the Book! Any book, really. A romance, or a scrapbooking book, or a cookbook. I've got notes and chapters and ideas for all of them.
  3. Get another cat (or two.) Since I'm determined the next housecat really will be a house cat (not an outdoor cat), this is waiting on...
  4. Getting my house in order. I'm fluttering quite slowly a la FlyLady and matters are not progressing much at all. I have a lot of "stuff" I'm not ready to label as "clutter" and I have issues with routines. Other than that, I'm doing fine!{g}
  5. Get a piece of paper from an institution of higher learning. Right now, I'm working on certificates from the local junior college. And then get work in that field! Websites and databases - grand fun!
  6. (Start and) finish the Chatham and Skold heritage albums. Mom and I are getting everything scanned, but I haven't even started to think about the albums. I need to trick Dad into telling some of the Skold family stories when I have the digital recorder in my pocket{g}
  7. Get curtains on all the windows and recover the sofa. (I looked up at the windows by the computer - one is draped in a huge flannel sheet (sort of curtainish) and the other has a bath towel blocking where the setting sun wants to shine on my monitor this week. The curtains just need the rings stitched to them and one more hem finished.) The front windows all have blinds, so I just need something decorative for *my* side. When I can get close enough to them to do something (see step 4.)
  8. Learn to knit and make myself a sweater. Although I crochet, I'm almost the only one in my immediate circle of friends who doesn't knit (including a couple of the guys). I've decided it's time to remedy this.
  9. Get published in a magazine. A layout, an article, a review - anything. Grandma Skold was regularly published with short stories in children's magazines and historical articles in all sorts of other magazines. I can do this too.
  10. Start dancing again. At one point I was dancing weekly - Irish, Scottish and English. When I moved back to Santa Rosa, I fell out of the habit. I know there are contra and Scottish groups up here - it's time to find them. I ran into an old morris dancer friend, who must be pushing 70 by now - he's still going strong!

10 Comments:

Blogger Glynis said...

Awesome list, Kristin! I hope you meet your goals!

12:11 PM PDT  
Blogger ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I would love to go back to England again! I may haveto borrow that goal. :)

12:47 PM PDT  
Blogger Gabby Faye said...

Oh my, I can so identify with getting the house in order. One little secret, though...whatever you accomplish, another thing will pop up that will nag at you.

1:30 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa what a great list. I know you are going to figure out how to do each and every one of them.

2:21 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

What an impressive list! I would be terrified if that was my list! I'm proud of you for trying all these wonderful things and hope you get to mark each one off easily.

5:07 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

What an impressive list! I would be terrified if that was my list! I'm proud of you for wanting to do these wonderful things and hope you achieve them all!

5:08 PM PDT  
Blogger heather said...

Wow! What a list - and you've already started working on the pieces of paper bit!

5:23 PM PDT  
Blogger Bonnie said...

What a great list! It helps sometimes you put the things we want to do on paper and put it somewhere to inspire and motivate us. I hope you succeed! And i laughed about the towel blocking the sun shining on the monitor! Why is it always that we put our computers near a window where the sun can shine on it anyway!! Mine is the same and I am constantly moving the curtain to get the sun off the monitor!

12:53 AM PDT  
Blogger Deanna said...

what an inspiring list!...wonderful Kristin!

6:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Judyy said...

Wow! I wrote at the end of my own list that I'd better get started--and I'll say the same for you--we've got lots of work to do! Wonderful list--good luck with meeting your goals!

9:26 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home