Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm a Student Again!

Okay, technically I was a student again on Monday, but that's an online class so it didn't feel special. Today, I got up much earlier than I usually do, managed the parking thing, was only a little late (both the city and the campus are in the throes of major "remodeling") and sat in an actual classroom, listening to a real live teacher!

The blog topic about school a few weeks ago got me thinking about this. And the pain of job-hunting convinced me that some upgrades to my web development skills (and a certificate or two) might be a good idea. So this summer I'm taking Telecommunications I and Beginning Dreamweaver and by next Spring I should have my Dreamweaver certificate. All the better to find a job that doesn't involve the phrases "Cash or credit?", "How may I direct your call?" or "Do you want fries with that?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you Kristen. Can't wait to hear how its coming along.

7:51 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

This is teriffic! I wanted to take a Dreamweaver course at my local college but just couldn't fit in the time. Let me know if you like it and if it is worth taking!

3:49 AM PDT  
Blogger CompooperTeacher said...

Congratulations on your move. I know (a little bit about) Dreamweaver. I use it for our school website. Wish I could do what you're doing.

6:16 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home