Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

First Memory

This is still fairly fresh - I just journalled it for the current Book of Me challenge.

It's a odd little snippet, that Mom doesn't remember at all. I just very clearly remember reaching up and cutting my hand on the lid of a green plastic trash can at the side of the house on Yulupa. Which would make me about 3 1/2 because we only lived there a short time while our house in Rincon Valley was being built.

Other early memories are Pamela the White Rat at nursery school, and taking my baby sister to kindergarten for Show-and-Tell. Pamela was incredibly patient, to deal all day every day with 3- and 4-year-olds. And I remember we all sat in a circle in kindergarten and Kelly crawled around on the carpet. Not quite so early, but another great show-and-tell time - I got to bring Grandpa Skold's bearskin into my 3rd grade class. That would have been 1972-73. Can't imagine doing that now! Mom, spoilsport that she was, wouldn't let me keep it for my bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home