Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Room to Create In

I have a two-bedroom mobile home to myself, so when I moved in I decided that I'd sleep in the smaller bedroom and use the master bedroom for my computer/crafting room. It's worked out very well - by having a small bedroom I have mostly managed to keep just bedroom stuff in it. This was very important to me when I moved in because I'd been sharing houses with friends before then and mostly trying to live in one room - bed, books, and computer altogether.


This is a close-in shot of the computer corner (in an attempt to hide most of the clutter!) It's mostly a U-shape, between the windows in the corner. On the right is the printer stand with all my various papers, labels, etc.In the center is the computer table. It's generally well-piled with papers, CDs, tapes, Post-it notes, earrings, pens, a couple of water glasses - stuff. Up top, mostly hidden right now by the stacks of CDs and tapes, I have two of my gryphons and a galileo thermometer (one of those with glass balls filled with colored liquid that rise and fall with the temperature. )



And tucked down under the monitor is a little green-and-yellow bird - with teeth! - I made when I first got my hands on polyclay.


This triptych hangs over the computer table. It's special for three reasons - Grandpa Skold took the photos and assembled it (I can see his handwriting in the title,) they're photos from England (Westminster Abbey) and it's a symbol of the link between me and Grandpa - photography. He was an avid, and good, amateur photographer and as I've gotten more interested and active with my photography I think of him often.

Next to the artwork is a pink t-shirt I bought at a romance writers convention a few years ago (you can just see the edge of the sleeve there.) The front says "Put your Heart in a Book" and the back, the side I've been displaying, says "Finish the D* Book!" I just turned it around - we'll try positive reinforcement awhile!

On the left, under the window, is a short bookshelf with the scanner on top and my font and kit print-out binders down below. I have 4 binders right now with kit print-outs and almost 20 font binders (they're sorted by category so some are quite small.) Next to the bookshelf is a table that currently has the iMac on it, as well as stacks and stacks of papers, 2 mugs, 3 books and the camera.

The rest of the room has more bookshelves for books and magazines on scrapping, quilting, sewing, and computers, 2 crafting tables, a couple of short filing cabinets, the ironing board, lots of plastic tubs full of fabric, 4 rolling plastic drawer systems full of crafty things, and most of my tape/CD collection. It's in serious need of a clearing out, but I'm working on the living room first. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have obviously put your heart into your "craft" room. Love your little polymer clay bird.

4:08 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

Your description sounded wonderful. I'm going to have to look for your book because I love romance books!

6:39 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great photos of Westminster Abbey, and what a lovely story attached to them :o) It sounds like you are full to the brim of creative stuff :o)

4:09 AM PDT  
Blogger ArtcTrish said...

Excellent post!!!!Love the tryptic! Isn't it great when we have a link like photography to our family? My grandfather was an excellent photographer.

4:41 AM PDT  
Blogger ComfyMom~Stacey said...

What a great room! I love the polymer bird. The tryptich is lovely.

7:02 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home