Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Once and Future Student

For my 4th time around (you've noticed that I've mentioned a problem with finishing things, right?) I'd like to finish the Multimedia degree I started the 3rd time around. That was going on ten years ago, and so much has changed so much during that time. (No broadband, so websites needed to be very simple. No Flash animations. Certainly no video!) I've kept up with most of the advances, but it would be nice to know I'm up-to-date on everything.

Beyond that, I want to take lots of hands-on classes.
  • Cooking - I'd love to know a great deal more than I do right now.
  • Sewing and design - I took a one-semester class in high school and everything else has been self-taught.
  • Photography - a natural for a scrapbooker, I think!
  • Drawing, painting, calligraphy - I don't think I have any natural aptitude for any of these (especially the calligraphy since I'm left-handed) but I'm curious.
  • Almost anything else crafty - polymer clay, stained glass, quilting, knitting, lace-making.

And at some point I'm going to go back and finish the History degree I was working on Rounds 1 & 2. It never occurred to me, and no one thought to mention it, that not all college history departments offer lots of classes in all eras of history. Neither college I attended had a good English History department. I'll have to be more careful the next time - even if it means moving for a while. But this won't be any time soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger ComfyMom~Stacey said...

WVU, where I got my MA had a great English History department in the 80's. I got lucky with that. I later learned that not everyplace does.

4:16 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

Wow! What neat ideas you have. I like that you have so many because when the time is right, you never know what mood you are in and willing to try at the moment.

5:19 PM PDT  
Blogger ArtcTrish said...

Cool! Its great you can take alot of those classes via continuing ed through a university or something. Cooking sounds fun!

7:03 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I could do with an English History class! Oddly, we found a book on the new Citizenship Test to become British - DH and I couldn't answer the questions!! Eeek!!!

12:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

Sounds like you know a little about lots of things! That makes you interesting...I like your goals. They sound great!

7:16 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is great that you are determined to continue. I think I would have been a permanent student, if children had not come along. But they are a learning experience too.

8:29 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home