Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

First Thoughts

My first thought was "Turn on the light." (The bedside light is the only one in the room and is on the switch by the door. But when I read at night, I turn it off at the lamp. Which means crawling across the bed in the evening to turn it back on - unless I remember when I wake up.)

Next, "I shouldn't have finished the book last night. It's later than I wanted to be getting up." Followed shortly by "Did they tell us they were turning the water off today?" The park has old pipes and they were working on them yesterday, too.

The book, however, was almost worth oversleeping for. Jayne Ann Krentz's Truth or Dare, a romance with suspense elements and I had to find out who-all done it. She had several different threads running, and added one more just as I was thinking about putting it down for the night.

4 Comments:

Blogger loonyhiker said...

I have to read at night before I go to sleep or I can't go to sleep. Sometimes it is so hard to put the book down.

1:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

I have never read any of her novels, but they sure seem to be popular. If it keeps you up at night, then I think I HAVE to check it out!

2:30 PM PDT  
Blogger ArtcTrish said...

I wish I were a reader. But I have to say, when I finally do pick up a book I don't put it down. Sounds like the one you read was really good!

7:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Meg said...

I love reading your posts, I always feel like I'm right there with you. (Well, not there with you in bed, but you know, like a mouse in the corner type of deal.)

An exciting book is always a good reason to stay up too late! Hope your day went well and you remembered to turn on the light!

1:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home