Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Bad Daughter, Good Sister

To start with, I just realized I was a Bad Daughter and forgot to call Mom yesterday! We're getting together for the Santa Rosa Rose Parade and (probably) barbeque next weekend, and we're still trying to find the right weekend to take all the moms and daughters (6 adults and 2 girls) out for Tea (best guess on a date is sometime in late July or August!) So, mentally, I guess I was thinking "Mother's Day stuff is later" despite all the media and DSP attention on it. Minds are funny that way - or at least mine is! I'll call and apologize today. Alas, she won't be surprised...

What I did do this weekend was go and spend it with my sister Kelly (Mike was off at a sword symposium learning to fight with cutlasses on shipboard. Without the shipboard, they didn't get permission to go play on whichever local sailing ship they'd had in mind.) Saturday she helped me get the diffuser frames built for Suzanne's home studio lighting class. And Sunday she let me rearrange her living room and spend two hours taking pictures of her, the three kids, and two of the four pets. I managed to get some nice shots, and got some ideas for improving matters next time. I'm very fortunate that all three kids are willing, and two are very eager, to pose for me! I'll get some of the photos cropped and all and posted much later today.

The other thing we got done this weekend was to buy PSE 4 for Kelly, and I got it installed on her computer. (She's more than capable, she does computer training and troubleshooting at work, it just happened that I was at the computer when I thought of it.) I hope she'll have time this week to work through the First Page tutorials and get her first layouts posted. Don't be confused - the faces will look familiar since most of my layouts feature them - but the kids are actually hers!

6 Comments:

Blogger Judyy said...

Well, despite the fact that you've postponed the Tea event, it sounds like you had a lovely mother's day (though your mom may be less convinced of that LOL.)

7:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Biffylady said...

I always call my mom on Saturday. That way I dont have to fight with everyone else for phone circuits!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, just the same! Hope your mom understands!! haha

11:07 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen what a great post. How good it is to be able to HAVE so many ladies in your family to do special things with - and willing subjects for your photos.

1:48 PM PDT  
Blogger Meg said...

Yay! You've introduced another artist to the scrapping world! Can't wait to see your sister's pages, it will be interesting to see how your styles differ.

5:19 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

What a great sister you are! Your mom will forgive you as all moms do.

6:19 PM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

You've made a convert, have you? I can't wait to see your sister's pages!

7:22 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home