Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sooner or Later I'll be Punctual!

I have to go with the most "popular" bad habit - procrastination.

I have no sense of how long something should take, so I procrastinate doing it because I think it'll take too long. My timer and FlyLady's "you can do anything for 15 minutes" is starting to help some, but...

Sometimes it's the opposite - I'll put off doing something because I think it won't take long. And it does.

Even when I *know* it takes one full hour to get to my sister's, I don't get out of the house on time. I am always at least 10 minutes late. At least.

Someone posted a list. Taxes - check. Car registration - check. Driver's license renewal - check.

I'm also perfectly capable of putting off fun things too. A trip out to the coast to take pictures. Sewing. Watching movies on the big screen. Going to see live theatre. Whatever the mental kink is, it's comprehensive.

If I could change one thing about me, that would be it. Anything else could be tackled with persistence, determination, time-management - whatever it is that I lack. It's not strictly persistence or determination. I've taught myself html, and enough cgi to make major modifications to scripts. I can spend hours, days, tinkering with programming to get a website just right. I've learned digital scrapping the same way.

But much of my life is made more difficult by this mental/emotional block to starting, and finishing, all sorts of projects.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I think of it as being artistic. We put off things because we're busy creating! Even if only in our heads! Good luck to you!

11:52 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home