Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Decorating Done - For Now!

Okay - it's obviously been way to long since I got in and messed around with code! I've been having a blast getting this just the way I want it. At least for now, of course!

I started with the elegant Scribe template. And then I started tinkering. I decided the outer frame/background layer was just too dark and drab. So I created the red-and-gold tile in one of my favorite color combinations, uploaded it to my website, and linked to it. Next, I figured out how to shift the sidebar over to the right. And how to get the About Me section in to the sidebar, instead of sprawling across the top. I think I added an extra divider below the About Me section, too.

The Scribe template comes with a set of sidebar headers (like the Recent Posts and Archives headers) in that lovely script. I need to go through them next, and figure out how to add some of them in as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Well, looky here, you already did Wednesday's prompt without realizing it! Love the color scheme!

7:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Gabby Faye said...

Can I hire you to do mine? It has been a long time for me, too, and I don't think I can recapture what I used to do.

11:05 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home