Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Time Off for Good Behavior

If I could take tomorrow off from work, I'd probably spend the day alternating between the computer and a good book or two.

But if I were determined to make it something out of the ordinary, I'd grab my camera and head out to the coast (it's only 20-30 minutes west of here.) The last time I was out there, I filled a 64M card. Now I have a 512, and I'd do my best to fill it, too!

Or maybe I'd head into San Francisco, visit the zoo with my telephoto lens and without the kids. Go up on the headlands beyond the Golden Gate Bridge - I've never made the time for that. Go to Fort Point - it fascinates me that there's a Civil War-era fort parked under the GG bridge! Ride the cable car downtown and then walk back along the Embarcadero.

Hmmm. No particular reason why I can't do this tomorrow... Hmm.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Wow!!! Sounds like a good day! When do we start?

8:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

Sounds like fun! Great ideas!

9:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Gabby Faye said...

May I come, too? I was in that area 30 years ago for 10 days with my first SLR camera, a second hand model and it was my only chance to take photos. I still cherish those photos and still think they were pretty good...maybe my best, but I wish I had another chance.

11:03 AM PDT  
Blogger Meg said...

I used to head into San Francisco once a month or so, and I always had so much fun. I love to people watch, and boy oh boy can you do that there!

Go tomorrow! have fun!

1:00 PM PDT  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

I loved San Francisco when I was out there years ago. I wish I could go!

3:43 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home