Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Timin' It

Have you read the Dragonriders of Pern series? Dragons can go between - somehow step "outside", and get anywhere on the planet in the time it takes to breathe three times. To be able to get anywhere, that quickly and easily - wow! To be able to pop over and have lunch and a good bookstore-crawl in London. Go and meet all my Internet friends. Better still, gather all my digital scrapping friends together for a convention! That's the ticket!

But what Pernese dragons can do that I really need, is the ability to "time" it. They can arrive somewhere before they've left. Go back in time, and be in two places at once. I am always, always late. Ordinarily, I'm 10 minutes late. But that can certainly stretch to ridiculous lengths. And since it's uncomfortable and distracting to be in two places at once, that might convince me to finally figure out how to leave on time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Glynis said...

I haven't thought of those books in years! Great post, Kristen!

6:06 PM PDT  
Blogger heather said...

I'm with you on the quick travel - I had the same idea for mine! It would be great fun.

4:52 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home