Omniscrapper

Scrapbooking - digital, paper and hybrid. Other crafty things. Family history and Book of Me memories. A record of progress (and not) with The Book.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Words to Live By

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes. Desiderius Erasmus

I have always liked this quote: I happily live by it. (Alas, rent has to come out first...)

The only rooms that aren't lined with bookshelves and laden with books are the bathroom (steam isn't good for them, you know) and the kitchen (ditto - and the cookbook collection is in the dining room where there's room.)

Furthermore, one of our long-standing family jokes is the answer to the question, "What happened in 1492?" The 'correct' answer is, "Erasmus became a priest."

So you can imagine how delighted we all were when Kelly, putting together "On Your Birthday" trivia for my 40th birthday, found out that Erasmus and I share a birthday - October 27th.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I agree- I love books too, could read all the time if I had the time!

4:45 AM PDT  
Blogger Glynis said...

I think I've scrapped this quote as well..one of my favorites!

2:52 PM PDT  
Blogger carin.c said...

Great quote - I live by this as well!

4:37 AM PDT  
Blogger ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I live by these words as well. :) Unfortunatley I don't have a little money very often any more.

5:08 PM PDT  
Blogger Karen said...

And were he alive today, I'm confident Erasmus would be honoured to share your birthday Kristen.

5:20 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home